Digital rust

Just a quick note to say that the digital rust algo I made a while ago are getting stuffed into a VST.

The original implementation in an old post here were ofcourse to slow. I tried it anyway, and I was like “it cant be that slow” but then again I had it running at 9000% CPU in ableton live, and that is a bit steep.
I optimized it down to 120% per channel so I’m awesome at optimizing (more on this later). But I remade the whole algo implementation anyways. I figured out how to achieve the same result without packing and unpacking. You can even say that I’m emulating my original algorithm.

I’ve also decided that all future plugs from shall be black and white. atleast for a while.

Leave a Reply